Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Katrina turns singer


Self-proclaimed bathroom singer Katrina Kaif is all set to sing professionally...and that too for composer AR Rahman.

The album in question is the Rahman-composed children's album of nursery rhymes and inspirational songs that  the composer will  release early next year.

Initially, Katrina was only supposed to be part of  the music video but  now after watching her progress at the box-office, Katrina has been asked  to  sing  a few songs in the album. It was initially suggested that Katrina  sing  Rahman's compositions in English but now she  will be seen singing in Hindi. This despite the fact that she has a heavy British accent and is just beginning to learn Hindi.

Katrina says, "Why not? I'm always game for new challenges. Singing  in itself was a challenge because I've never sung  professionally. Singing in English would've been a convenient challenge. But I'd rather take the uncomfortable  route. So why not me singing in Hindi?"

For someone who couldn't  speak a line of Hindi when she came entered Bollywood Katrina sure has come a long way.

She adds,  "Somewhere down the  line, I got tired  of  people commenting on  my Hindi. I  guess  I've been working hard  on it."

As  Katrina  gears  up to sing  for AR Rahman she has  already started practicing. Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment